Welcome changing requirements, even late in development. Agile processes harness change for the customer’s competitive advantage.
The first thought here is the means, the second the end. Let’s start with the second.
We want to afford the customer the ability to adapt to rapidly changing markets. Processes that restrict the customer’s ability to adjust the implementation strategy of their vision make it impossible to use change as a competitive advantage.
Focus on current priorities, delivering value with a consistent cadence. As you iterate, allow for the customer to evaluate changing conditions in the marketplace.
Iterate. Evaluate. Repeat.
More in the Agile Principles Series
- Agile Principles: Progress Requires Working Software
- Agile Principles: Tear Down These Cubes
- Agile Principles: Self-Organizing Teams are Motivated Teams
- Agile Principles: Collaborate Everyday
- Agile Principles: Frequently Deliver Working Software
- Agile Principles: Iterate. Evaluate. Repeat.
- Agile Principles: Deliver Early and Often, but Always Deliver Value
Subscribe to Clayton Lengel-Zigich
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox